About this Page

Hello, my name is Carly-Anne! This has been my fourth year at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, which means I'm a senior (yay), and will hopefully graduate in the spring (awe!). I have really enjoyed my time spent at UW-P. There are so many classes and professors that have changed my life, and it has provided me with friendships, as well as outlets for my creativity and ambition.

I am very excited to be doing this blog. Not only will I be able to share my experiences with you, the pseudo-reader, I will also be cataloging one of the last years of the "best years of my life!"

But ... I hate one sided conversations, they're so didactic, don't 'yah think? So, if you're an avid blogger, or just stumbled here by accident from your virtual path:
hit me up, and take the polls!


Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I'm Back for Spring Semester! Are you ready?

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I haven't posted anything new for a while! If my last post is any sign to the affect that 18 credits can have on one person's sanity, perhaps you will be understanding of the needed hiatus after fall finals!

There has been a lot that has happened since I posted last, and I am hoping to do some back posting on those experiences today. Spring semester is a week and a half away, so there will be all kinds of new and exciting posts coming soon! But first -- If you have stumbled across this blog and are planning to attend school next semester you might want to read this:

If you have received an acceptance letter from the university, and are a new incoming student for the spring semester, (and you don't have any transfer credits), you should contact the advising center at UW-Parkside. If you are planning to transfer, (and have received an acceptance letter and a transfer credit report), you should also call the advising center! Make sure you call as soon as possible! The sooner you can sign up for classes the easier it will be! (However, if you are waiting on transfer credits and are anxious to sign up for class -- don't freak too much. :) There will be classes open, but you should be prepared to be a little flexible and take a little more time in selection. It won't be the end of the world!)

For current students, if you haven't met with your adviser you might want to give them a call. It's good to get into see you adviser earlier vs later. At the end of each semester, (ei November/March-April), you need to meet with your adviser to review your plan for graduation. If you have a declared adviser you have to meet with them to lift your flag! If you have a declared major your adviser is in that department, unless otherwise specified.

I hope you are all ready for spring semester! If you need to reach advising you can call 262-595-2040. You can also access information on the advising session and other links online


Post any advising questions or concerns below and I will either answer them, or refer you to a source with the necessary information!!!

No comments: