About this Page

Hello, my name is Carly-Anne! This has been my fourth year at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, which means I'm a senior (yay), and will hopefully graduate in the spring (awe!). I have really enjoyed my time spent at UW-P. There are so many classes and professors that have changed my life, and it has provided me with friendships, as well as outlets for my creativity and ambition.

I am very excited to be doing this blog. Not only will I be able to share my experiences with you, the pseudo-reader, I will also be cataloging one of the last years of the "best years of my life!"

But ... I hate one sided conversations, they're so didactic, don't 'yah think? So, if you're an avid blogger, or just stumbled here by accident from your virtual path:
hit me up, and take the polls!


Saturday, September 15, 2007

Fellow Parksidians

Aloha Parksidians!

I am still working to perfect the layout design of this page, and there are a few more elements I’d like to ad in and tweak up a bit. Nevertheless, I decided I would begin with a welcome.


Two years ago, a friend approached me, and in his greeting referred to me as his “fellow Parksidian.” I have always found this term intriguing, as it seems to unify not only our campus, but the surrounding communities as well.


Instead of viewing ourselves as Americans or international, flat-landers or cheeseheads, Milwaukians, Kenoshans, or even Racillans, commuters or residents, faculty or students, enrolled or community members, now we can unite under one identity.


Whether you attend UW-Parkside, or whether you just come to watch the soccer team, we are all Parksidians.


So, stay tuned and keep in touch. There’s a lot more to come!


Aloha!

No comments: